Our mobile bumper repair service will follow the below process for a dented / scuffed bumper repair:
- We clean the area of the scuffed/scratched/ dented plastic car bumper that we are going to paint with a special chemical that removes any grease or wax that may react with the paint.
- We will repair the damaged area by way of heating, sanding or filling the damaged plastic bumper.
- We scotch the plastic bumper area that is going to be painted, this helps key the area being painted.
- We then prime the repaired area on the bumper and flat this down once it is dried.
- Once primed, we then mix the colour on the van by taking the colour code from the vehicle and entering it into our computer.
- The repaired area is the sprayed with the base coat and then lacquered.
- When we have finished lacquering the bumper we use heat lamps to dry the lacquer this takes about 20-30 minutes.
- Once dried we then flat and polish the repaired area if required.
Our staff are all qualified car body repairers so be rest assured your repairs will be carried out by competent polite and friendly experienced people.